“You’d think the US government had bigger priorities than treating honors students like criminals, yet here we are”
[Image: Alex Hoyt]
I get it, but I disagree. Every vote should be counted and especially those in FL. They shouldn’t be left off the hook because their legislature decided to shrink the number of voting days… they should pay for the count and recount if necessary. Every vote needs to be counted.
Michael Steele just said that Obama is the first president to be elected by a “minority of Americans,” which makes me think that Steele, who is a black man, doesn’t know what the fuck the word minority really means.
I was thinking the same thing…
In case you were wondering, here’s how infamous Iran-infrastructure-damaging bug Stuxnet worked. And to answer your question, the U.S. was involved in what was intended as an act of cyberwar … but the virus (which only got its name after it broke out online) was never intended it to break out onto the larger Internet. But Stuxnet, which broke out in 2010, is old news. A newer virus, Flame, is currently causing major online trauma in the Middle East.
I’m fascinated by nation-state cyber warfare…. in the matter of minutes you can bring down a financial network, a defense system or even a power grid. But how do nations hit by this type of attack, respond?
Unlikely anyone but China, Russia, UK, and a handful more could respond with a counter cyber attack - the more likely strike back would be with brute force.
Modern warfare may never start again with the bombs but with IP.
Romney, right now: “I have the same view that I’ve had since I’ve held office.”
@ Andre Woolery gallery opening in #nyc (Taken with instagram)
Really Fox? Romney = Obama?
So this is what we’ve come to. The Obama administration has created its own version of NewsBusters — except, instead of attacking the media for liberal bias, the site’s attacking Republicans for saying false things. It’s actually a sequel to Fight the Smears, a site he ran during the 2008 campaign, but with one major difference — it looks like the site’s going for a more ruthless approach. It feels like, with this move, Obama is starting to use tactics we’d be more likely to see from Fox News commentary shows. Do we want Obama to run an attack dog ahead of the election, or be above the fray? Which one would work better? source
I like it. Obama needs to grow a pair….
SF Giant’s Brian Wilson meets Barack Obama. “You had me at, ‘Yes We can.’”
A little reminder of some of Obama’s accomplishments in Congress during 2009 and 2010 in the face of unrelenting opposition from the GOP:
- Health care reform (which Democrats have been trying to pass since Truman in 1948 andTeddy Roosevelt proposed in 1911)
- Financial reform (written in part by Barney Frank with Elizabeth Warren forming the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
- DADT repeal
- Obama saving approximately 4 million jobs in manufacturing industries by forcing GM and Chrysler into bankruptcy and within 6 weeks resurrecting them with union representation on the board (taxpayers are on track to make money on that one and GM has hired back just about everybody laid off in 2009)
- Making sure all the TARP money is paid back and recycling it back it into the economy (with $26 billion in profit so far to the American taxpayer, raise your hand if you think George Bush would have pulled that off, or even tried)
- 2 more women on the Supreme Court
- The Lilly Ledbetter Act
- More private sector jobs created in 2010 than in the entire 8 years of the Bush administration
- Expansion of: Medicaid, mental health care for veterans, and Pell Grants
- The Recovery Act which by itself is the single biggest accomplishment by a Democratic president since FDR (not my opinion - Rachel Maddow’s)
- The START treaty
- And in general dragging us back from the brink of another Great Depression,
- hmmm…what am I missing? Oh yeah Obama got Osama bin Laden.
Some things Obama has done by presidential fiat:
- Raised fuel efficiency standards
- Removed Bush ban on embryonic stem cell research
- provided federal benefits for same sex couples by executive action.
- The new food safety law so you don’t buy poison eggs, spinach etc.
- Monday July 11, 2011, the Obama Administration announced that it would require gun dealers in states bordering Mexico to report to law enforcement multiple sales of certain semi-automatic rifles.
Imagine what more could be done with a Democratic House and a filibuster proof Senate.Recall all Republicans and Tea Baggers.
We need to pass this info along to all the disgruntled people who say they’ll sit out 2012.